Can you say “YUM”? This is the best macaroni salad I have ever made! This is a family favorite!
Old-Fashioned Macaroni Salad
- 1 box of elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 3 stalks of celery, diced small
- 1 small green pepper, diced small
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 small jar of pimento peppers
- 4 boiled eggs, diced
- 1 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook macaroni until tender (al dente) for about 8 min (don not overcook). Drain and rinse with cold water until all the noodles are cold.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sauce. Make sure it is mixed well.
- In a large bowl, add cold noodles, vegetables, sauce and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving. Stir occasionally while refrigerated.