These go well with steaks!
Scrumptious Roasted Garlic Mushrooms
- 16 open cut mushrooms (cut stalks so they are all level)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 garlic cloves (or more….)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Fry the mushrooms, caps down for in hot oil for 20 seconds
- 3. Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting dish or tin, stalks facing upwards.
- 4. Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 5. Spoon a little garlic butter onto each mushroom, then lightly press breadcrumbs on top.
- 6. Cook in oven for 10 minutes.